No announcement yet.

Fat Burners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Information. I really appreciate it. Putting the gloves down isn't an option at this point. I really understand on your points though with the cardio and you're absolutely correct. When boxing training it is intense and your right on with the heart rate it's elevated higher than 165, usually in the 180-190 non range. I'll concentrate on my normal gym days to keep the heart rate at 120-130 for 45-60 mins. Sounds like what is happening is exactly what you described with my work out and the need to train my body burning healthy fats. My main goals right now is to maintain the strengths I have and lose BF. After I get my fat % down, I'll concentrate on getting defined and stronger. Thanks for your help and information. 

Comment

The calorie intake was given to me by a weight loss Dr I was seeing. The reason it fluctuates was due to workout. He wanted my daily below 1800 if I didn't work out at all, being it's hard to do on busy work shifts but increase intake on the days I workout to allot for the burned calories. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to diets. He explained to me and maybe it's just his thought that the days I workout I'm burning between 1000-2000 calories, which if I only eat 1800 I'm going to be starving my body and it will start storing instead of burning. Not allowing me to lose weight like I should be. 

Comment

This is where the science and the bro-science clash. Not just because he's a doctor, but because it seems to make sense that lowering your calories on non-training days will help prevent fat storage. BUT in the world of bodybuilding and particularly in the world of AAS, the optimization of body composition goals requires that a person maximizes both their anabolic activity and the function of their metabolism i.e. turning your body into a fat burning muscle building machine.

You're still building muscle (repairing broken down muscle tissue) on your non-training days. You're still refilling glycogen stores on your non-training days.  It takes 24 hours (approx) to refill your glycogen stores. The carbs you eat in that meal before you workout aren't used as glycogen during your workout, they're used in the next days workout. Eating very little food on your off days will inevitably slow down your metabolism and decrease your anabolism. When bodybuilders are preparing for a show they consume immense amounts of protein even on their off days. They feed the machine. Fucking doctors.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that.. I'll try to do it as you stated. I'll let you know how it works out. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X