No announcement yet.

Prostate Cancer, my journey.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant research. Well done and glad you are doing so well now! Here is to a solid and continued recovery!

Comment

Thanks for sharing!  Sad to have to go that route due to the US's failure to give a shit.  Glad you had the drive and patience to look elsewhere.

Comment

Since this thread deals with prostate cancer I thought I would throw in this study that cast at least some of the blame on to estrogen.  Yet another reason to get blood work done and our estradiol dialed in

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134227/

Comment

Thank you, Grovest.

I cant tell you how passionate I am about the themes you mentioned in your post (which was just phenomenally written - you should be an investigative journalist).

When it became necessary for my father to have a hip replacement done, I - being the “techy“ one in the family - dove into the internet. The hip replacements that are routinely performed in the United States are a horror story. If you have one done, you can plan on never skiing again, never hiking moderate distances up into the mountains, never doing a Spartan Race. You become extremely limited, lest you risk cutting the lifespan of your replaces hip in half. Guess what that means? You get to have ANOTHER hip replacement.

But I learned about a procedure called “hip resurfacing.” I won’t go into detail here, but the lifespan of hip resurfacing is basically unknown because the procedure has such incredible longevity, they don’t fail within the patient’s lifetime. But, you guessed it, the procedure is not offered in the United States.

My search took us to Mexico. Mexico? I pictured surgeons wearing street clothes and performing surgeries with a set of butcher tools. I was so wrong. These doctors are trained in top-of-the-line Universities in Europe, Asia, and the United States, and the facilities are cutting edge. They have newer, higher-quality equipment, because it Takes about a decade longer for us to buy and incorporate new equipment into our hospitals and facilities. AND they have an adjoining RESORT for the recovery period. You kick back next to the beach for a few weeks, being served incredible food cooked by an imported chef.

Please do your homework, people. Our healthcare system is broken (and that is not a political statement... I’m talking about the business, research and development aspect). Your quality of life, or life itself, are on the line.

Comment

Thank you, Grovest.

I cant tell you how passionate I am about the themes you mentioned in your post (which was just phenomenally written - you should be an investigative journalist).

When it became necessary for my father to have a hip replacement done, I - being the “techy“ one in the family - dove into the internet. The hip replacements that are routinely performed in the United States are a horror story. If you have one done, you can plan on never skiing again, never hiking moderate distances up into the mountains, never doing a Spartan Race. You become extremely limited, lest you risk cutting the lifespan of your replaces hip in half. Guess what that means? You get to have ANOTHER hip replacement.

But I learned about a procedure called “hip resurfacing.” I won’t go into detail here, but the lifespan of hip resurfacing is basically unknown because the procedure has such incredible longevity, they don’t fail within the patient’s lifetime. But, you guessed it, the procedure is not offered in the United States.

My search took us to Mexico. Mexico? I pictured surgeons wearing street clothes and performing surgeries with a set of butcher tools. I was so wrong. These doctors are trained in top-of-the-line Universities in Europe, Asia, and the United States, and the facilities are cutting edge. They have newer, higher-quality equipment, because it Takes about a decade longer for us to buy and incorporate new equipment into our hospitals and facilities. AND they have an adjoining RESORT for the recovery period. You kick back next to the beach for a few weeks, being served incredible food cooked by an imported chef.

Please do your homework, people. Our healthcare system is broken (and that is not a political statement... I’m talking about the business, research and development aspect). Your quality of life, or life itself, are on the line.

Comment

Awesome story brother. Motivation in a post! You worked your but off. Here to no more Cancer for many years to come!!

Comment

Working...
              X