No announcement yet.

advice on a 4 day muscle group split

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice to see someone else referring to MRV... Its a great reference point to use to ascertain effective training volume. A little tricky to determine with great accuracy, and it takes a little focus, but, so long as one is keeping a training journal, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, at least a mean. The more difficult one for me to find is the MEV (minimum effective volume). Both take a bit of time, and both can change from time to time... Good to have you back, man.

Comment

If you're into podcasts, Mike Israetel digs deep into volume training for hypertrophy and spells out almost exhaustively the notions of MRV and MEV and other benchmarks for training (I believe there are two more, but i focused on the aforementioned). Mike appears on a lot of podcasts by Revive Stronger (that one focuses mostly on natty bb-ing, but they touch on enhanced here and there. At the end of the day, however, the approach is pretty much the same. When I had to endure long commute times, I would listen to podcasts (unless there was an Oakland A's game on the radio); learned a lot...

Comment

I'm definity into podcasts and will check these out

Comment

Working...
        X